The Food Pantry was formed through the efforts of volunteers from community churches
to fulfill the need for food security for children and low income families in Woodford
Throughout its history the Food Pantry has served thousands of families and individuals
Through the compassion and generosity of the citizens of Woodford County, the Food
Pantry has been able to fulfill this need.
What we do
20 Field of Dreams Road
PO Box 1066
Monday 5-7 p.m.
Thursday 1-4 p.m.
First Tuesday each month for Senior Commodity Food Boxes
Hours of Operation
• No child should go to bed hungry.
• No senior should have to choose between food and medicine.
• No parent should have to skip a meal to feed their family.
• Nourishment should not be a barrier to a child’s learning and education.
• All people should have access to necessary food during emergencies.
• No individual in a prosperous nation should see food as an unaffordable luxury.
• All people in a community should be able to offer their resources to help those
in need through a well-managed organization that can effectively do the work.
Hunger Bill of Rights
The Food Pantry for Woodford County strives to provide food for low income residents
in emergency situations.
We help clients provide nutritious meals for their families enabling them to use
precious resources for other pressing obligations such as rent, utilities, transportation,
medicine and other life necessities.
The food Pantry fills the gap in community service which no other agency addresses.
30 percent of seniors who rely on our local food pantries report that they have had
to choose between paying for food and paying for medical care. Seniors facing hunger
are already at a higher risk of developing serious health issues. Let’s save them
from having to make that choice.